Are you considering whether to invest in laser hair removal, but are not sure if it's something that you really want? Then, you can make a more guided decision by taking a look at the advantages and disadvantages of laser hair removal.
Advantages Of Laser Hair Removal
To find out why so many people opt for laser hair removal, consider the following points:
- Highly precise: With laser hair removal, specific hairs on your body can be targeted and removed without causing any damage to the surrounding skin. Therefore, you don't have to be worried about sacrificing your skin in order to get your hair permanently removed.
- Fast pace: The speed at which laser hair removal operates at is one of its major advantages. The laser only takes a fraction of a second in order to remove a hair, and can even remove multiple hairs at the same time. Therefore, hair removal on the upper lip and chin only takes a few minutes. Whereas, the larger areas of the abdomen, back and legs can take up to an hour. This is quite quick when you consider the amount of hair that there is on your body.
- Permanent solution: Typically 3-5 sessions will be required in order for the hair to be removed, but when it is removed, the solution will be permanent, which means you don't have to spend any more time or money on the problem.
The Disadvantages Of Laser Hair Removal
To get a balanced view of laser hair removal you should consider the disadvantages that it poses:
- Side effects: In most cases, the laser hair removal treatment will work without any health concerns. However, for some people, itchiness and a burning sensation can take place for a few days after having the procedure done. In more extreme cases, infection and skin discoloration can take place. However, by selecting a highly trained professional, such as Drs. Young & Wouters, you can reduce your chances of receiving side effects.
- Multiple treatments: Laser hair removal treatment can take many sessions in order for the treatment to be completed, and this can be a significant time commitment for some if they have busy lives. While in most cases 3-5 sessions are required, it can take more for others.
- Color of hair: The lasers target a pigment of your skin that gives it color, and therefore those who have dark hair (with higher levels of pigment) will receive a more effective treatment than those with a lighter shade of hair.